Other Ways to Give
Support BCPP through any of these routes to further our groundbreaking work to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease.
Give Through Your Work
Donate through your workplace to support BCPP.
Through workplace giving, employees donate to charitable organizations of their choice, primarily through one-time or ongoing payroll deductions. This easy and efficient way to give provides a steady source of income for the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners. To find out if your company participates, check with your employer’s human resources or corporate giving personnel and ask to include the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners as your beneficiary of choice.
Employer Matching Gifts
Many employers offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! To find out if your employer will match gifts to the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, check with the human resources or corporate giving personnel at your office.
Combined Federal Campaign for Government Employees
Are you a government employee or military personnel looking for an easy way to support breast cancer prevention? Make a pre-tax contribution by selecting the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (CFC #10616) on your Combined Federal Campaign pledge.
Gifts of appreciated securities (stocks) are a popular alternative to making a cash gift as they may offer you additional tax advantages. Transfer your securities to BCPP by calling Charles Schwab at (800) 435-4000. Give them the following information:
- DTC # 0164, Code 40
- Account Number: 7378-5610
Estate & Planned Giving
With a planned gift to Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, you can combine your desire to support breast cancer prevention with your overall financial, tax and estate planning goals. Your planned gift gives you a special connection to the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners and will help ensure that we can continue our work for years to come.
With a planned gift to Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, you can combine your desire to support breast cancer prevention with your overall financial, tax and estate planning goals. Your planned gift gives you a special connection to BCPP and will help ensure that we can continue our work for years to come. No matter how much you leave, you want to make sure it goes to the people and causes you care about. Here are a few options:
- Living trust and wills: You can leave a percentage of your estate, a fixed amount, or a residual bequest (the amount left after gifts to loved ones or charity have been made) to BCPP.
- Securities: A donation of appreciated stock, mutual funds, bonds, or other appreciated assets maximizes your charitable gift while minimizing the estate tax burden and eliminating capital gains tax.
- Real estate: Complete or partial gifts of real estate can provide significant resources to BCPP and the future of breast cancer, while reducing multiple tax liabilities.
- Retirement plans and life insurance: Naming BCPP as the beneficiary of your life insurance, 401(k), 403(b), IRA, or other retirement plan is a highly tax-efficient and powerful way to support our work to prevent breast cancer. Retirement plan assets left to an heir can be subject to taxes as high as 70%, yet a non-profit organization can receive retirement plan assets without tax. You also have the option of designating that a portion of your retirement benefits go to BCPP.
- Charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts can be highly effective vehicles for providing for yourself, your partner or other heirs, and the breast cancer community.
Already have an existing plan?
No problem. You can easily amend an existing estate plan to include BCPP. A few simple possibilities include:
- Add a gift to your existing plans: Instruct your lawyer to prepare a simple, inexpensive “Codicil” to your existing will or “Amendment” to your revocable trust, creating a bequest for BCPP. This can be a specific amount of money or a percentage of your estate.
- Change your retirement plan or life insurance designation: Designate BCPP as the remainder beneficiary of your retirement plan or insurance policy. All you have to do is change the beneficiary designation and send the form to your plan administrator or insurance company.
- Name a contingent beneficiary: Consider naming BCPP as contingent beneficiary of your retirement plans to receive your retirement plan benefits in the event that you outlive the primary beneficiary of your retirement plan.
Consult your attorney
It is highly recommended that you consult with your own tax or legal advisors prior to making a planned gift. We would be happy to speak to your representative, such as a lawyer or financial advisor.
Sample bequest language:
I bequeath [the sum of _________ dollars] [all the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate] [an amount equal to _____ percent of the net value of my estate] to Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (EIN: 94-3155886), an environmental nonprofit organization located in San Francisco, CA. [Optional:] It is my intent that this bequest be used for [specify program area].
For more information or to further discuss planned gifts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buying a new car? Getting rid of an old one? Selling isn’t your only option. We’ve teamed up with Donate For Charity, a company that processes vehicle donations for nonprofit organizations, so that you can easily donate your wheels to Breast Cancer Prevention Partners.
Whether your car is running or not, Donate For Charity arranges a free vehicle pickup, handles all the DMV issues, sells the vehicle at auction and distributes the net proceeds to Breast Cancer Prevention Partners.
By donating your car, you’ll avoid the headache of selling a used vehicle and receive a receipt entitling you to a tax deduction of the auction sale price or $500, whichever amount is greater. You will also feel good knowing the proceeds from your car directly support breast cancer prevention. Visit Donate For Charity or call toll-free (866) 392-4483.
We welcome donations of products and services that can be used for event raffles, incentive prizes, goody bags and clothing and equipment for participants in our outdoor events.